Let’s begin with knowing what a Futon is! ‘Futon’, is a word of Japanese origin which means a bed. It is basically a floor laid arrangement of a portable bed which comprises of a quilt, a mattress and a pillow as well. In the Japanese language the quilt is called a ShikiButon while Kakebuton stands for a comforter and the Makura is the name of a pillow.
The cost of a typical Futon Bed varies from 300$ to 1200$ depending upon the type of material used and the layering of cotton used. So, for people who are looking for a comfortable sleeping experience and have become bored with the idea of a conventional bed, a Futon is absolutely the right option for them!
Benefits of using a Futon
- Easy to use and portable
- A hassle floor laid arrangement that can be rolled up as and when needed.
- It is absolutely safe and there are no chances of falling as it can be rolled up easily.
- Cheap in price as compared to a re
The Demerits of using a Futon
- Requires timely care and maintenance, since, it’s a floor bed hence, more chances of getting dirty.
- If someone is looking for a couch or a sofa substitute, Futon does not serve that purpose,
- People tend to develop backaches’ and pain in the neck because of the floor laying arrangement.
So with variety of benefits and demerits ,futon beds, are not a bad option and can definitely be purchased for people who want to try something new than a conventional bed sleeping experience and want to look for a more portable and comfortable sleeping experience.