Going Green With The Concepts Of Zeroavia
July 2, 2021
The need of the hour
In today’s time, concerns for the environment have been on the rise. Reducing greenhouse emissions, battling the effects of global warming, beating the summer blues are all meant for defending the environment and leaving the earth a better place for future generations. Therefore, many organizations come up with ideas to go green and produce the same performance with alternate fuels. One of those is zeroavia, and its primary target is to replace the conventional fuels in the jets. Read on to know more about it.
About the organization
Founded in 2017 by Val Miftakhov, ZeroAvia is a British-American corporation that aims to electrify the jets’ systems and take them to go aligned with the environmental requirements (similar to the lines of e-vehicles). Being a pilot himself, Miftakhov set up the organization to transform it and change how people perceive the airlines.
Some of the key insights of the company include the following:
- Vision to push hydrogen-powered fuel in the market and reduce the number of emissions from the jets.
- New powertrain technology that works on hydrogen and cuts off excessive noise and other maintenance costs.
- Enhancing the number of passengers and flying greater than 1000 miles by 2030.
- A partnership of zeroavia with British Airways to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Funding of USD 16.3 million from Aerospace Technology Institute to bring hydrogen fuel cells in the market by 2023.
Therefore, there is no doubt about the success of ZeroAvia.
The organization has gained three rounds of fundings to date, worth USD 62 million, and this includes the collaboration of 10 investors. With these Series A of funds, the brand is set to become a leading name in green fuels, ad contribute towards a greener and safer planet.